this is my self-researched list of most popular/hilarious things that google, and other fine sources, say non-Catholics believe about Catholics. i plan on addressing each of them in their just turn. but this is just a list. enjoy :)
1. anti-women and misogynistic.
2. preists are perverts and/or pedophiles
3. celibacy causes scandal.
4. catholics don't think for themselves.
5. homophobic, encourage discrimination.
6. don't allow abortions and contraception so that there are more people in the world to control.
7. anti-sex
8. support immigration because Bishops wants immigrants money in their diocese.
9. catholicism and science are not compatible.
10. catholics are stuck in the past.
11. catholic worship statues.
12. catholics worship saint.
13 catholics are cannibals
14. catholics are not christians.
15. catholics don't read the bible.
16. catholics are not allowed to have fun.
17. catholics have 3 gods.
18. catholicism and science don't mix.
19. nuns beat people. \
I'm no Catholic but I can't wait to see how you address these issues. It's a good list and I like how number six and number seven are kind of contradictory.
ReplyDeleteI've also heard this spin on numbers six and seven: "Catholics are against abortion and contraceptives because the Bible says 'be fruitful and multiply.' But they hate sex because they think it's filthy and vile."
Um...you kind of need to have sex in order to "be fruitful and multiply," you know? And I know plenty of large Catholic families, so I'm guessing they do it a lot.
And sex is awesome and fun. Ask anyone who's ever done it (consensually). Just because Catholics (and other Christians) think it's best done inside of marriage with their spouse doesn't mean they think making love a bad thing.
However, I think number nine and number eighteen are the same thing, just rephrased. Maybe you see a difference that I don't, though.
Will you write one post per topic? Some of these I could see you merging together, but others I could see you making several posts about the same thing. Anyway, I'm really excited to see your rebuttals.
it just depends on the topic. some i'll write like 60 different posts about because they need that much explanation and they have so many different dimensions to them. it just depends :)
ReplyDelete